Oysters on the day
- Free, freshly shucked oyster on entry between 10:00am-12:30pm
- The famous Matt Ratcliffe Big Oyster Bar
- Cooking demonstrations by renowned chefs! MC Kelly Eastwood!
- Oyster shucking competition, with MC John Susman!
- Taste oysters direct from Narooma & surrounding estuaries
- Check out the Australia’s Oyster Coast Oyster Alley featuring farmers from at least six estuaries
- Shoalhaven, Clyde, Wagonga, Merimbula, Pambula and Wapengo
- Enjoy oysters in so many scrumptious ways!
Australia’s Biggest Oyster
Last year we had a crack at the Guinness Book of records with what we thought was the World’s Biggest Oyster. Turns out the way we measure big is different to theirs. This year we’re going our own way launching Australia’s Biggest Oyster. Will it be Bernie Connell’s Oyster named Jack? Who knows but if you have a big oyster and want to enter, we welcome you. If not, come along to the Narooma Oyster Festival and see for yourself – big, big oysters and larger than life oyster farmers vying for the title of Australia’s Biggest Oyster.
Each year our chefs are like a who’s who of fine food and seafood – many of them hatted, celebrities and specialists in their field.
Expect high calibre of chefs. Previous chefs have included Corey Costelloe (executive chef, Rockpool), Stephen Hodges, Nick Gardner, Maggie Bier, Julie Goodwin and many more.
Running from morning to later in the afternoon, the cooking demonstrations are highly popular. Watch the action close up as highly skilled, award winning chefs prepare seafood and local produce in innovate ways. Then have a taste!
Oyster Shucking Competition
Compete for Prizes and Fame
- 1st $500 Cash, Perpetual Trophy & Gold Medal
- 2nd $300 Cash & Silver Medal
- 3rd $200 Cash & Bronze Medal